Visitors to Thailand Urged to Ask for “Miracle Thailand Card” for Discounted Shopping
Bangkok, September 6, 2012: Visitors to Thailand this high season should make it a point to ask their travel agents and tour operators for a “Miracle Thailand Card” to help them take advantage of discounted shopping during their stay.
TAT Governor Suraphon Svetasreni said the TAT is supporting this initiative, launched by one of Thailand’s leading banks, the Krung Thai Bank (KTB), in partnership with the Association of Thai Travel Agents (ATTA), to help all visitors get better value for money from their shopping experience.
Offered as part of a campaign entitled, “Miracle Thailand Card for the Miracle Journey in Thailand”, the card is valid for use from now until December 31, 2012. This will make it perfect for those planning to do their shopping for the Christmas and New Year period while in Thailand.
“Thailand is known as a shopping paradise and this card will help visitors stretch the value of their shopping dollar, especially when purchasing traditional Thai gift items such as arts and crafts, Thai silk, ceramics, paintings, homeware, and furnishings,” said Governor Suraphon.
He added the Miracle Thailand card could also be of great use to convention and exhibition delegates visiting Thailand during the period of validity.
Further details about the Miracle Thailand Card are as follows:
The Miracle Thailand Card is available from Krung Thai Bank branches, KTB currency exchange booths throughout Thailand, members of the Association of Thai Travel Agents (ATTA), and other travel agents in Thailand, as well as some Tourism Authority of Thailand offices. Purchasers have to register the card on the website: https://www.cb.ktb.co.th/miracle/
It functions as a debit card with a minimum stored value of US$3. The amount can be topped up at any KTB branch or KTB currency exchange booth throughout Thailand. Cardholders are advised to make a one time top-up to avoid exchange rate variations. Any remaining amount will be refunded upon surrendering the card at any KTB branch when departing Thailand.
- Exclusive discounts of 5 to 70% from more than 400 brand-name stores at the top shopping centers in Bangkok: Siam Paragon, The Mall, The Emporium, Siam Piwat Group, MBK Centre, Siam Centre, Siam Discovery Centre, and Paradise Park.
- King Power: 10% discount at King Power duty free shop.
- Siam Niramit: 10% discount on show tickets.
- Siam Park City: Only 750 Baht from 1,150 Baht (normal price) for both the entrance fee ticket and a buffet, when purchasing a minimum of park tickets.
- Personal Accident Insurance valid for the first seven days after registration of the card.
- Life insurance and loss-of-sight coverage of up to 1,000,000 Baht and travel accident medical expense coverage of up to 500,000 baht, and First Aid Medical Expenses of up to 10,000 Baht. No advanced payment is required for First Aid Medical Expenses at any 260 high standard hospitals throughout Thailand.
- No surcharge for cash withdrawals from any ATM machines in Thailand, which helps save the cash withdrawal surcharge of up to 150 Baht usually levied by credit cards.
- Automatic 5% discount upon showing the Miracle Thailand Card when buying normally-priced products in Power Mall, Gourmet Market, Home Fresh Mart (except Pharmacy, Wine Cellar, Food Hall, Food Court, Take Home, Park Food Hall, Serviced Shop and rental shops). The 5% discount applies even if cardholders pay by cash or regular credit card.
For further information, please visit the Miracle Thailand Card page at Krung Thai Bank.