Festive Season in Thailand: Many Exciting Events Coming Up
Bangkok, December 13, 2011 — A number of major festivals, events, and travel-related meetings which are to be held in December 2011 and early 2012 will ensure a lively and vibrant calendar of activities over the holiday season. Here are some that have been confirmed:
• The International Horticultural Exposition Ratchaphreuk 2011 (Royal Flora Ratchaphruek 2011) will be held from December 14, 2011 to March 14, 2012 at the Royal Ratchaphruek Park Mae Hia district, Chiang Mai. The highlights of the activities are categorised into 3 categories, including exhibitions, national and international horticultural symposia and competitions on various topics related to tropical flora.
The event also highlights the Royal Duties and wisdom of His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej, (Rama IX) under the theme entitled “84 Years under the Great King’s Prestige” and another Commemoration Exhibition featuring the Royal Duties of their Majesties and His Royal Highness the Crown Prince in relation to agriculture. The event will also feature international and national gardens as well as exhibitions on horticultural and agricultural science and technology.
• Thailand Golf Championship will be held during December 15-18, 2011 at the Amata Spring Country Club in Bangkok. The world-class professional golfers committed to the Thailand Golf Championship tournament are Sergio Garcia (Spain), Lu Chien-soon (Chinese Taipei), Simon Dyson (England), Soren Hansen (Denmark), Tommy Fleetwood (England), Gregory Bourdy (France), Thorbjorn Olesen (Denmark), Michale H. Thompson (USA), Charley Hoffman (USA), Jamie Donaldson (Wales), Shingo Katayama (Japan), Romain Wattel (France), Stephen Dodd (Wales), Damien McGrane (Ireland), Alex Cejka (Germany), Oliver Fisher (England), John Parry (England) and an additional five leading players from the Japan Golf Tour Organization (JGTO). The event will be broadcast live over the four days on the Asian Tour’s global television platform on Golf Channel-True Visions.
• Chinese New Year Celebrations will be held during January 19 - 29, 2012 in Bangkok’s Chinatown (Yaowarat) and 11 major provinces. These are Chiang Mai, Nakhon Sawan, Suphan Buri, Ratchaburi, Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya, Chonburi (Pattaya), Nakhon Ratchasima, Songkhla (Hat Yai), Phuket and Trang.
This year will be a special celebration reflecting the close relationship between the Thai and Chinese people as well as the Thai people’s love for His Majesty the King. The activities will include “Chinese Culture and Tourism” to celebrate H.M. the King’s 84th Birthday Anniversary, “37 Years of Friendship between Thailand and China” activities, “Thai-Chinese Dramatic Arts Performance” on January 21, 2012 at the Impact Muang Thong Thani Exhibition Centre, “The Celebration of the Golden Dragon Year” activities, Chinese opera, demonstrations of auspicious food cooking and local food and products fair, etc.
Countdown Events and New Year Festival
Bangkok and Central Region:
• Bangkok Countdown Ha Ha Ha 2012 on December 31, 2011 at CentralWorld Square, Ratchaprasong
• Make a Wish Countdown 2012 on December 31, 2011 at the Park Paragon, Siam Paragon
• Ploenchit Happiness on December 18, 2011 / 14.00-22.00 hrs between Ploenchit and Chidlom Roads
• 9 Sacred Places on December 17-18 and 24-25, 31, 2011 and January 1-2, 7-8 and 14-15, 2012 at Rattanakosin Island and along the Chao Phraya River.
• Miracle Smile@Thailand on December 24-25, 2011, Khao San and Tanao Roads
• Annual Merit Making 2012 on January 1, 2012 at the urban area, BMA Office
• New Year Festival at Bang Nam Pheung Floating Market on December 31, 2011, Samut Prakan province
• Christmas@Chachoengsao on December 24-25 and 31, 2011, near Bang Pa Kong River, Chachoengsao province
• Amazing Fantasy World on December 29-31, 2011 at Si Chan Road, Khon Kaen province.
• Night Paradise Hat Yai Countdown 2012 on December 30-31, 2011 at the Odeon Fashion Mall, Hat Yai, Songkhla province.
• Colourful Phuket Countdown 2012 on December 29-31, 2011 at the Sanamchai Ground
• Phuket Electronic Music and Dance Festival 2012 on December 30-31, 2011, Karon Beach
Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai:
• Countdown 2012 on December 31, 2011 to January 1, 2012 at the Chalermprakiat Hall
• New Year’s Eve and Happy New Year 2012 on December 30, 2011 to January 1, 2012 in Chiang Saen district
For further information, please check out www.tourismthailand.org
Tel: 1672 TAT Call Centre.