About The Event
The official media website for Tourism Authority of Thailand, www.TATNews.org , would like to invite all photographers, travelers, media, and anyone interested in photography to join the Travel Photo Contest with the theme of "THAILAND EVENTS & FESTIVALS". The aim is to show the world the variety of cultural events and festivals occurring in Thailand and inspire them to visit the Land of Smiles and join the fun. Your photos will put AMAZING THAILAND on display!!
Submission Rules & Guidelines
- You may submit more than 1 photo. There is no limit to the number of entries.
- Awards will be limited to one prize per entrant.
- Photo submissions must pertain to Events & Festivals anywhere in Thailand.
- Images must be created with digital still cameras. Images that have been retouched using software or by other means will be accepted. Both color and monochrome images will be accepted. However, scans of photographs taken by film cameras will not be accepted.
- The photograph, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material taken by the contest entrant. By entering the contest, the entrant represents, acknowledges, and warrants that the submitted photograph is an original work created solely by the entrant; that the photograph does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity; and, that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the photograph.
- File format: JPEG only.
- File size (per JPEG): greater than 2,200 x 3,200 pixels / greater than 150 dpi / up to 5 - 10 MB.
How to Apply
- Entries must be submitted through the www.TATNews.org website only.
- Complete an entry form with the required information, including your name, address, telephone number, email address and a photo caption. Submit along with your photograph(s).
Awards & Prizes
1st place: 1 award.
The winner will receive a CASH prize of THB 30,000 (approximately $1,000 US)
2nd place: 1 award.
The winner will receive a CASH prize of THB 20,000 (approximately $660 US)
3rd place: 1 award.
The winner will receive a CASH prize of THB 10,000 (approximately $340 US)
Entry Period / Winner Announcement
Submission period: 18th February 2013 – 31st March 2013
(the deadline for entries is 23.00 Thailand time on the 31st of March)
Winners will be announced on the 4th of April, 2013 on www.TATNews.org, and they will be notified via email by the 5th of April, 2013.
The contest is open to anyone, professionals and amateurs, regardless of age, sex or nationality.
Note: Entrants under 18 years of age require the permission of a parent or legal guardian. By entering the contest, entrants under 18 years of age must indicate that they have obtained the permission from their parent or legal guardian.
The contest is not open to employees of the Tourism Authority of Thailand or its subsidiaries or affiliates.
The TAT panel of judges will make their decisions on a variety of factors, and their choices for the winning photos will be final.
Upon submission, the TAT takes full ownership of any submitted materials (and assumes a name credit), and may use the images for advertising, publication, 3rd party distribution, or any way deemed promotional to the Tourism Authority of Thailand. Contest entrants thereby waive any property rights to the images upon submission.