Bangkok, 23 March, 2015 – The Thai Beverage Public Company Limited prepares to showcase “Thainess to the World” by joining the Ministry of Culture, Bangkok Metropolitan Administrative, Tourism Authority of Thailand and other sectors to organise the “Water Festival 2015”.
The event is designed to help promote awareness among the younger generation to conserve Thai heritage, Thai way of life, Thai arts, traditions and culture, as well as Worshipping of Buddha Statues in 4 temples: Wat Pho, Wat Arun, Wat Kalayanamitr and Wat Prayunwongsawat.
Participants will be able to experience the community life surrounded by cultural heritage and places displaying antique Thai holy objects, eat at famous restaurants with a historical background at Maharaj Pier, enjoy fresh flowers from one of the biggest flower markets in Asia, and revel in Thainess activities at Yodpiman River Walk.
They will be go back in time to the “70’s Colour & Disco”, enjoy entertainment and games in an old traditional style as well as be entertained with “Songkran… Dee Dee” on stage showcasing concerts of famous Thai entertainers at Asiatique The Riverfront.
The Water Festival 2015 will be held on 13-15, April 2015, at 7 places along the Chao Phraya River.
A free shuttle boat service will be provided from 9 a.m. to midnight from 7 piers along the Chao Phraya River:
- Tha Tien Pier (Wat Pho)
- Yodpiman River Walk Pier
- Maharaj Pier
- Asiatique The Riverfront Pier
- Wat Arun Pier
- Wat Kalayanamitr Pier
- Wat Prayunwongsawat Pier
The objective of this event is to conserve Thainess, make it become more well-known, preserve Thai heritage and to make Thainess more popular.
“Water Festival 2015”
7 Piers of Thainess
- Worshipping of Buddha Statues at 4 Temples, Receive 9 Auspicious Blessings.
Welcome the Thai New Year with a good omen by cruising along the Chao Phraya River, visiting major temples and enjoying various activities as follows:
- Wat Phra Chetuphon (Wat Pho)
Worship the Reclining Buddha
Auspicious Blessing: A peaceful life
Activities: 12 Zodiac signs, Thai massage, and Thai traditional games (Sepaktakraw ball)
- Wat Arun (Temple of Dawn)
Worship Luangpho Rung Arun Buddha statue
Auspicious Blessing: A prosperous life
Activities: Pouring water on Buddha statues from 13 temples in the Bangkok Yai district
- Wat Kalayanamitr
Worship Luangpho To Buddha statue
Auspicious Blessing: Good friends and family, safety in travel, and profitable business.
Activities: Thai kite show, Klong Yao (long drum) parade, traditional pouring of water onto the elderly in the local community, and writing of Chinese Blessings.
- Wat Prayunwongsawat
Worship Luangpho Buddha Nak Noi Buddha statue
Auspicious Blessing: Successful career and education.
Activities: The traditional pouring of water on monks and the general public.
- Relax with feeling cool and enjoy shopping
- Maharaj Pier
- Experience the community life on Rattanakosin Island surrounded by rich cultural heritage of Thailand.
- Visit places displaying antique Thai holy objects.
- Enjoy local activities and eat at famous restaurants with a historical background.
- Yodpiman River Walk
- Be delighted with flowers from Pak Khlong Talat, one of the biggest flower markets in Asia.
- Participate in traditional water pouring and enjoy entertainment of a long-drum parade.
- Be part of numerous Thainess activities at the community mall having the longest river terrace on Rattanakosin Island.
- Asiatique the Riverfront
- Showcasing “Songkran… Dee Dee” on stage with numerous shows and entertainment.
- Enjoy traditional games at a replicated temple fair.
- Chill out at DIY shops, chic and snazzy shows along the courtyard.
- View demonstrations of rare Thai traditional crafts; such as, alloy bowl rubbed with stone, Thai silk, Thai flute, alms bowl, and making of Thai classical dance costumes.
- Enjoy shopping for a variety of Thainess products and tasting local foods; such as, Thai sweets made from Nipa palm, Pandanus leaves, rice, lotus, and palm leaves.
Free Shuttle Boat Service
- Morning Route: 09:00 -18:00 hrs.
Route 1: The boats leave every 30 minutes.
- Asiatique The Riverfront > Sathorn > Yodpiman River Walk
- Yodpiman River Walk > Sathorn > Asiatique The Riverfront
Route 2: The boats leave every 15 minutes.
- Yodpiman River Walk > Tha Tien Pier (Wat Pho) > Maharaj Pier > Wat Arun > Wat Kalayanamitr > Wat Prayunwongsawat.
- Dinner Route: 16:00 – 24:00 hrs
The boats leave every 20 minutes.
- Asiatique The Riverfront > Sathorn > Maharaj Pier
- Maharaj Pier > Sathorn > Asiatique The Riverfront
International Public Relations Division
Tourism Authority of Thailand
Tel: +66 (0) 2250 5500 ext. 4545-48
Fax: +66 (0) 2253 7419
Facebook: TAT Newsroom
Twitter: TAT Newsroom