Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) Governor
Mr. Yuthasak Supasorn has been the governor of the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) since 1 September 2015. Having studied economics in Thailand and Japan, and with more than 20 years of experience in management positions at government agencies and state-run organisations, Mr. Yuthasak brings a great deal of experience to this vital role.
Before taking his position at TAT, he was Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of MCOT Public Company Limited, the leading state-run public broadcaster in Thailand. Mr. Yuthasak has a passion for travel and Asian food and culture and loves showing the wonders of Thailand to friends and visitors from all over the world.
- 1996 Keio University, Japan: Doctoral Program of the School of Economics (Major: Economics)
- 1991 Keio University, Japan: Graduate School of Economics – Economic Policy
- 1987 Chulalongkorn University, Thailand: Bachelor of Economics (2nd Class Honours) – Quantitative Economics
- 1984 Bangkok Christian College, Thailand
- January-July 2015: Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer MCOT Public Company Limited
- 2012-2014: Senior Advisor, Regional Development Center, Institute for Good Governance Promotion Office of the Public Sector Development Commission
- 2009-2012: Director General, Office of Small and Medium Enterprises Promotion, Ministry of Industry
- 2007-2009: President, National Food Institute, Ministry of Industry
- 2004-2006: Executive Vice President, National Food Institute, Ministry of Industry
- 2002-2004: Policy and Planning Analyst, Office of National Economic and Social Development Board
- 1996-2002: Investment Promotion Officer Office of the Board of Investment