- This event has passed.
Loi Krathong Kap Kluai of Samut Songkhram
November 21, 2018 - November 23, 2018
The Loi Krathong Kap Kluai of Samut Songkhram takes place from 21 to 23 November, 2018. The celebration adds a new perspective to Thai tourism as it helps to promote a tourism linkage from major to minor cities. It also presents the local festival with identity and depicts the lifestyle of the riverside communities, living on their beliefs, and environmental protection.
The Loi Krathong Kap Kluai of Samut Songkhram takes place at two venues. At Wat Phummarin Kudi Thong, the event takes place on 21 November, 15.00-22.00 Hrs. and 22 November, 15.00-24.00 Hrs. At King Rama II Memorial Park, the event takes place on 23 November, at 18.00 Hrs.
- Float the Krathong Kap Kluai (banana stem cups) on the Mae Klong River
- Culinary demonstration
- DIY: Krathong Kap Kluai
- Contemporary and cultural performances
- Stalls of goods and food
- Make joss sticks and release Krathong Kap Kluai
- Processions of the dancers to welcome the Royal Lantern Float, Nang Nopphamat, and Krathong cups, go along the route via the Mae Klong Market to end at Wat Phummarin Kudi Thong, Amphoe Amphawa, Samut Songkhram
- Release of 12 illuminated boats on the Mae Klong River
- Nang Nopphamat contest
- Stage performances
- Local games played along the river banks and Ram Wong folk dance contest
For more information, please contact:
Tourism Authority of Thailand Samut Songkhram Office
Tel: +66 (0) 3475 2847-8
Email: [email protected]