Bangkok, 05 April, 2020, at 08.30 Hrs. – The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) would like to provide further updates on the additional measures to combat the spread of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) by Chon Buri province, where Pattaya is located, in addition to our previous report on Chon Buri announces emergency measures to combat COVID-19.
Chon Buri province has ordered closure of more venues and business establishments as well as additional measures with immediate effect until further notice, as per the following:
- All types of hotels and similar establishments.
- All beaches.
- All petrol stations are to be closed from 22.00 – 05.00 Hrs.
- Weekend markets and markets that are normally not open every day.
- Tattoo and body piercing shops and similar services.
- All activities at all reservoirs, except for the government’s operations.
- Intensified screening measures at the entry and exit points for the areas of Pattaya City and Bang Lamung District.
- Suspension of some services of government, state enterprises and state-run agencies.
TAT is constantly providing updates on the tourism-related COVID-19 situation in Thailand at the TAT Newsroom (https://www.tatnews.org/). For additional information and assistance relating to Thailand’s tourism, contact the TAT Contact Centre 1672 or Tourist Police 1155.
For constant updates of Thailand’s COVID-19 control measures for travellers, please visit https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/index.php.
This press release is published on 05 April, 2020, at 08.30 Hrs. All information is accurate at the current time but can be changed depending on the situation. The TAT Newsroom will not be updating this press release but will issue new updates as soon as further information becomes available.