Starting from 1 October, 2021, fully vaccinated visitors under the “Sandbox” programme to Ko Samui, Ko Pha-ngan, and Ko Tao are welcome to stay within the destination for seven days, and afterwards will be able to continue their journey to other parts of Thailand.
Official translation of Samui Plus SOP
- Determines mode of transport/inter-island piers/Samui Health Pass, Mor Chana tracking/control of businesses in Samui+/determines entry conditions/applies DMHTTA procedures
*Samui Plus accepts fully vaccinated tourists coming from overseas and transferring flights at Suvarnabhumi Airport to Ko Samui or other approved domestic destinations or taking direct flights into Ko Samui.
**Entry conditions can be adjusted or relaxed according to the COVID-19 outbreak situation and according to the risk category of the originating country per the announcement of the CCSA as well as that of the Disease Control Committee of Surat Thani Province.
***If tourists stay in the Samui+ program less than 7 nights, they must leave Thailand via Samui Airport only. If they are leaving via Phuket Airport, they can do so only after staying in Samui+ for at least 7 nights.
- DAY 0 Tourists download Samui Health Pass and Mor Chana applications upon arriving at Suvarnabhumi Airport.
- Take the first RT-PCR test at Samui Airport or at a location determined by Ko Samui Command Center.
- Upon arriving at Samui Airport, tourists proceed to stay at SHA+ accommodations on Ko Samui only.
- Tourists can take transportation from the airport to the accommodation only with licensed companies that have received the Samui+ symbol.
- Tourists must remain in the hotel room while awaiting the result of the first RT-PCR test.
- If the result of the first RT-PCR test is negative, they can travel on Ko Samui, Ko Phangan and Ko Tao.
- Tourists must travel between islands from the following piers only:
- Ko Samui: Lom Phraya Na Phra Lan, Buri Rasa (hotel guests only) and Phu Yai Non
- Ko Phangan: Thong Sala
- Ko Tao: Ban Mae Hat (Sala Vibhavadi)
- Boats to Mu Ko Ang Thong: Na Thon Municipal Pier
- Stay only in SHA+ accommodations.
- Turn on Samui Health Pass and Mor Chana applications while staying in Samui+.
- Day 6-7 take the second RT-PCR test at swab sites at Central Festival Ko Samui, Ko Phangan Hospital, Ko Tao Hospital, or a location determined by Samui+ Command Center (Day 6 test is recommended for Ko Phangan or Ko Tao).
- Day 7 If the result of the second test is negative, a release form will be given and tourists can travel freely around Thailand on Day 8.
- Tourists can change SHA+ accommodations on the 3 islands no more than 3 times. Accommodation and RT-PCR charges must be paid in full prior to entry into Thailand. Tourists are recommended to check inter-island boat schedules prior to booking accommodations (tourists can book and pay RT-PCR tests with Ko Samui SHA+ accommodations).
- All rules, regulations and conditions are according to those determined by Surat Thani Province.
- Samui+ information and listing of accommodations in Samui+ can be obtained from www.visitsamui.org and www.tatnews.org.
Approved by Disease Control Committee of Surat Thani Province on September 30th, 2021.