Updated on 23 July, 2021 – The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) would like to provide an update on heightened screening measures for domestic entry to Phuket that apply to Thais and foreigners living in Thailand.
This latest decision by the Committee of Communicable Disease of Phuket will replace the current Phuket Provincial Order No. 4021/2564: domestic entry to Phuket.
Effective from 25 July to 2 August, 2021, the heightened measures require all domestic arrivals into Phuket to show the following proof:
- Have received a negative test by an RT-PCR or Rapid Antigen test no more than 72 hours before travelling.
- Have received 2 doses of Sinovac or Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine, or the first dose of AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Moderna, or Johnson & Johnson vaccine at least 14 days before arrival.
Children under 6 years old travelling with a parent or guardian are exempt from taking the test. However, testing will be required for youngsters aged 6-18 years travelling with a parent or guardian.
All travellers must download and install the ‘Mor Chana’ application and turn on the share location function at all times.
All travellers must be able to provide proof to the above-mentioned requirements to officials at the point of entry to Phuket.
Travelling by land transport through the Tha Chatchai checkpoint CANNOT be done during the hours of 23.00-04.00 Hrs.
All travellers must self monitor for any unusual symptoms and contact a local hospital if unsure.
Phuket Provincial Order No. 4023/2564: COVID-19 Measures in Phuket
Effective from today to 2 August, 2021, Phuket has announced the following restrictions:
- All pubs, bars, karaoke, entertainment venues, all types of competition venues (cockfighting, fish fighting, bird races, etc).
OPEN with conditions
- Department stores, shopping centres, community malls can open until 21.00 Hrs., but sales promotion activities as well as sections for game machines, game shops, and amusement parks are not allowed.
- Convenience stores can open from 04.00-23.00 Hrs.
- Snooker, billiard, and pool halls can open from 15.00-21.00 Hrs.
- Computer game and online game shops can open until 21.00 Hrs.
- Amusement parks or water parks or outdoor mobile entertainment can open from 08.00-20.00 Hrs.
- Selling and/or consumption of liquor or alcoholic beverages in shops, cafés, or restaurants after 21.00 Hrs.
- Drinking liquor or alcoholic beverages in public areas, beaches, parks, playgrounds, roads along canals, roads around reservoirs, or public waterways.
- Gatherings of more than 150 people.
- Organising of parties, carnivals, housewarming and large celebrations except traditional ceremonies. which are unable to be postponed; such as, funeral ceremonies, ordination ceremonies, wedding ceremonies, religious days, or ceremonies
TAT would like to remind all travellers to continue with the D-M-H-T-T-A precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19: D – Distancing, M – Mask wearing, H – Handwashing, T – Temperature check, T – Testing for COVID-19, and A – alert application.
For additional information and assistance relating to Thailand’s tourism, contact the TAT Contact Centre 1672 or Tourist Police 1155.